Please take note of our fishery rules as listed below.
- Only fly fishing is allowed at the fishery, using one single hook, maximum size 8.
- Dry fly and nymph only may be used on the river. Wet, dry fly and nymph may be used on the lakes.
- On reaching your limit, you must stop fishing (although you can purchase additional tickets). The size limit for take-able fish from the River Dun is a minimum of 23 cm from the nose to the fork of the tail.
- No wild fish are to be taken.
- All fish caught must be weighed and recorded in the return book provided. Nil returns must also be entered!
- No litter, radios, or animals.
- No wading or swimming.
- Flyfishers may be accompanied by one non-fishing guest only.
- All flyfishers must have a landing net and a priest.
- By paying for a permit, you undertake to accept and abide by the fishery rules. If you break these rules we regret that you will be asked to leave the fishery without a refund.
- The management takes no responsibility for any circumstances affecting the lake or fishing that are beyond their control.
- To the extent permissible by law, all liability for loss or damage is expressly excluded. The courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Anyone fishing at the fishery must have, on the day, the correct current fishing licence. Day licences to comply with statutory requirements can be purchased online here through gov.uk for £6.00 for a day licence.
- On the lakes it is catch and kill only where as on the river, it is catch and release only.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before placing an order. By completing the purchasing process you are agreeing to be bound by the terms & conditions shown below which do not affect your statutory rights. By using this website you agree that you are of full legal age and may lawfully enter into any contract with us. Holbury Lakes reserve the right to refuse or restrict any order.
Formation of Contract
All requests to ticket and tuition from Holbury Lakes shall be provisional and non-binding until a “Confirmation of Order” e-mail has been sent to the email address given by you. For the avoidance of doubt a contract between the parties shall not be established until this takes place.
The payment gateway used by Holbury Lakes is Paypal. Paypal accepts payment by Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal or Direct Debit. For tickets purchased at the fishery, cash and cheques are also accepted but American Express is not.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the specification and description of all items are correct on our website. However Holbury Lakes disclaim all warranties, as to the accuracy of the information contained on our website, and shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials used on this website. If you have any queries about the product you are looking to order then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Offers & Promotions
If applicable, you must enter the offer code specified to qualify for any offer. All offers will be subject to use within a restricted time. Any offers are not for resale or publication and can only be used once. Offers relating to free postage & packing are only valid for standard delivery within the UK, unless stated otherwise.
Cancellations & Returns
As the consumer you have the right to cancel your contract at any time during the period which commences on the day the contract comes into existence and ends on the expiry of seven working days. If you wish to cancel your contract you should either notify us in writing either by letter to: The Fisheries Manager,Holbury Lakes Trout Fishery, Holbury Lane, Lockerley, Hampshire, SO51 0JR or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will refund the cost of the cancelled order(s) within 14 days of receiving the item(s) back.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the details of your order and payment are secure but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you. By using a secure third party payment site, you will be passed on to a Secure Order Processing page and your details will be encrypted by 56-bit industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and payment card details.
Holbury Lakes will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that details relating to you, your order & payment are kept secure in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless Holbury Lakes are negligent in exercising these responsibilities then we shall not be held liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you. Where you supply data relating to other individuals you will be deemed to have obtained their agreement to this information being released to us.
You may only use this website in accordance with the above Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK or other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website.
The above Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between us in respect of the use of our products and services and of our website and supersede any and all prior agreements, arrangements and representations (save in respect of those made fraudulently). If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid then that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.